Sunday, October 23, 2011

Awash with Weddings


After a few days of unexpected, unusual autumn storms, rain lashing my windows and the garden awash with debris floating in huge puddles, today is a bright sunny day, the perfect inspiration for my first post on my brand new blog. Finally putting my thoughts down on "paper", the ones I've been carrying them round in my head for several months now. I sometimes have the feeling of being awash with wedding thoughts, never mind torrential rain, and none of them are about my own, although I suspect that was the true starting point!
The Country Weddings Italy blog is an idea that goes hand in hand with the enterprise also sporting this name, which is currently in its teething stage. Instead of professing to be something we are not, the intention is to ask you to accompany us on this new exciting adventure, sourcing, testing and showcasing wedding venues, suppliers and ideas for couples wishing to get married in Italy.
It is not, however, intended to be a blog solely for the business. What I would like to do is tell you about how weddings work in Italy, what the latest fashions and trends are, what sort of things you may wish to look for and choose if you are planning on getting married in Italy. You may want to bring your home traditions with you and stage them in breathtaking settings, or you may wish to combine them with touches from the area that you have chosen for the most important day of your life. Traditions and trends tend to differ from country to country, even on the same continent. That is indeed the case with Italy and the UK. I often find myself comparing my home country and my adopted one, preferring one thing here and another thing there: put together they can be an amazing combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment